We have put together a simple step by step guide to help you through the selling process.
Do your research
Before you decide to definitely sell your property, it is really worth doing a bit of research yourself before contacting agents. What are properties similar to yours selling for in your area? Is now a good time to sell? Do you have a rough idea of what your property is worth? Chewton Rose have made this easy for you. Simply:
- Go to our property search
- Enter your postcode
- Select a good radius to view properties
- Select your property type and number of bedrooms
- Select the tick box ‘Include properties sold STC
- Click search
If you then select map view on the properties returned from your search, you can select to view sold prices for that area. Take a look – it may surprise you! You can select to see:
- Properties sold by other agents
- Properties sold by Chewton Rose
It can also be helpful to see the properties for sale by haart and other agents to give you even more information on property prices in your area.
You could also use the following tools from haart to aid your research:
- haart’s demand calculator – this tool lets you find out how many active buyers are looking for a property just like yours and how many of them are looking in your area.
- haart’s online valuation - our complimentary online valuation tool gives you an immediate assessment of the current estimated value of your property. All you need to do is provide some basic information in order for us to give you our expert view of what your home could be worth today.
Getting an up to date valuation
The next step is to get an up to date valuation. A number of estate agents offer these free. It is particularly useful to make sure that you get at least two or three valuations. This gives you a good overview of what you can get for your property.
At haart, our aim is to get you the best possible price for your property. We listen to our customers to find out what they need from us, whether this is a quick sale, accompanied viewings or advice in finding a new property – we are here to guide you every step of the way.
All of our branches have grounded knowledge of the local area in which they operate, providing you with the best advice on selling your property in that area.