The most important element of viewings, is to prepare your property. Here are a few tips to assist you:
- Make sure the front of the house is tidy and neat.
- Presentation is everything so before each viewing check inside the property is clean, tidy, well aired and well lit.
- Serious potential buyers will want to see every room and may want to look in built in cupboards such as under the stairs so make sure they are neat and tidy also.
- Will your estate agent being accompanying the viewing? Where possible, it is useful that they do as they are the property experts and know how to sell a property. You can also provide the estate agent with a key to your property so that they can conduct viewings if you are out.
- Leaving pets with a neighbour can be a good idea especially if your pets are not particularly keen on strangers or if potential buyers are allergic to pets.
- If it is cold, ensure the heating is on so the property is warm and comfortable.
- Does the estate agent have everything they need for the viewing, including access information?
Should you need any advice on conducting viewings or what you should do in advance, speak to your estate agent for their hints and tips.
Struggling to get to the viewings of properties you may be interested in buying? Speak to your local branch to see what they can do to arrange transport for you. They will be happy to help if possible.
Open House Events
If having a number of viewings at different times are not convenient for you or if you are in need of a quick sale, it can be beneficial to have an Open House Event. Open Houses are a very successful service with Chewton Rose Estate Agents.
What is an Open House Event and how do they work?
An Open House Event is a single appointment where a number of potential buyers can view the property at the same time. These can be an appointment that lasts for an hour, a couple of hours or a whole day. At haart, we will arrange the Open House for the best possible time period for your property and your requirements.
haart manage the entire process for you. We discuss it with you first to ascertain how quickly you would like the Open House arranged and then arrange the details around that. From sending out invitations via email campaigns and SMS, contacting potential interested buyers, advertising in local press and social media to conducting the Open House Event on the day at your property – we will co-ordinate the entire event for you.
Benefits of an Open House Event
- Only have to prepare your property for one appointment.
- Creates a competitive atmosphere that can cause the value of offers made to increase, helping to achieve the best possible price for your property.
- Having an Open House Event may increase the number of potentially interested buyers as people may be more inclined to attend an event led by the estate agent with a number of interested parties.
- You can gauge the level of interest in your property by the number of people who attend the Open House.
haart have had some exceptional results on Open House Events.
Once viewings are taking place, the estate agents should be in touch once they have received any offers from potential buyers. Here are our tips on receiving offers on your property.